Friday, December 10, 2010

all

I like neat packages. I like to know what to expect. I don't do well with change. While some people love the unexpected and get bored after being in one place for a few months, I am on the other side of the spectrum. I am what you call a nester. I like to set up shop, get into a routine, learn my surroundings, figure out what to expect... that sort of thing.

Lately, I have nothing 'neat' in my life.... and it's killing me! I think this is God's way of saying "Hello Katelyn! You need to slow down and trust me." Well, God, you are exactly right. I have been trying to put ALL my faith in Him... trusting that He will lead me to where I need to be. Where do you want me to work? What do you want me to do with my life? Where can I go to better serve you?

ALL- this is such a hard word for me. I am good at trusting God with most things. I struggle with turning over every anxiety; every worry or thing that causes me a headache when I think about it for too long. :)
**ALL: entire, total, complete, everything.

My prayer these days is help to trust Him with every single little or big thing in my life. It's hard for me to give up that control, but I know it is the best thing I can do. Some days, it is incredibly easy, but it is on the tough days when I need to do it the most. Those days when I want to take matters into my own hands and handle it myself; that's when I need to stop and say, "OK. I can't do this without you. I am giving this to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment