Friday, April 29, 2011

walking through the drive-through.

Preface- Brad and I walked to the bank. After his banking experience, he said he was scarred for life and told me I should blog about this. Read on....

I used to work in the old Chase Bank building. For those who don't live in Austin, I am fully aware that means nothing to you, but just go with me here. The building still has a drive through where bankers can go to the ATM or deposit checks.

Picture this:
Ground floor- Chase drive through
2nd-7th floor- parking garage levels
8th-11th floor- office buildings

OK, so now you have the basic idea. If you work in the building, you have a few options for depositing a check or getting some cash monies.

Option 1: You can go in the parking garage, get in your car, drive all the way down, do your banking business, drive back up, find a parking spot, and go back to work.

Option 2: Take the elevator downstairs to the bottom floor, walk through the drive through, do your banking business, walk back to the elevator, ride to your floor, and go back to work.

WHICH ONE DO YOU DO?!

I ask this because I decided to do option 2. Why waste all of that time getting your car and driving when you can get some fresh air and walk through? I don't understand why anyone would pick option 1.

Yes, it is funny/awkward/ridiculous/awesome when I am in STANDING in line (in between the people who are SITTING in their cars), but who cares? It is ten times easier.

So, I ask you- which option do you pick? Do you go with the one that takes much more effort and time, but it is less awkward/normal? Or, do you pick the second one that might be a little weird, but it is a million times easier and quicker?

PS- Now you can see why Brad was scarred. He also said he would never go to the bank with me again. Clearly he would have picked option 1.....lame.

4 comments:

  1. Hold on one second missy...I must present a 3rd option, which is the option I presented at the time of the episode described above.

    Option 3 (Bradley's Option): You walk across the street from said drive-thru to Chase Tower. Within Chase Tower you will find a fully functional Chase Bank branch equipped with a live and in person teller.

    The real question is when given the choice, would you rather walk into the lobby of a bank branch or walk through a drive-thru when they are right next to each other? Excuse me for feeling awkward the other day when the choice was made to walk through the drive-thru.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes too long to walk in the bank! Last time I did that it took them 20 minutes. I still pick the easier and quicker option. I win.... at life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 100% would do option 2 even though I do would feel real awkward... or maybe try Brad's suggestion as well. Option 1 is just too much effort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. walk. do it. be productive and skinny.

    ReplyDelete