Thursday, February 10, 2011

my momma

My mom is amazing. She is the person I look up to most. If I can be half as good of a mom as she is, I will consider life a success. After my dad was diagnosed, her role drastically changed. She is:
-a full time working mother
-payer of all the bills/manages the money
-the person we go to when we have a question
-person who takes care of my dad
-the one who keeps our family together
She is the person I turn to when I have a bad day, good day, have a funny story... everything. She juggles so much, and yet, she never complains. I know she gets tired, but she keeps on going. How does she do it?! I have no idea. All I know is, I would be absolutely LOST without her. I seriously don't know what I would do.

I am telling you this because I have a funny story about her.

She is also planning a wedding. My little sister, Rebecca, is getting married in June...just around the corner! Needless to say, Lisa (my mom) has a lot on her mind. I think she is constantly planning the wedding in her head. My sisters and I joke with her because we think she sometimes forgets that this is REBECCA'S wedding... not hers. Lately, the wedding is all she can think about/talk about. Nothing else exists in this world... just Rebecca, Kyle and the wedding.

Recent conversation with my mom:
Me: Mom! Guess what! I found the perfect pair of shoes... the shoes I have been looking for! Will you look into getting them for me for my birthday? I will send you the link so you can look at them. They are so pretty!
Mom: Yeah Kate. The wedding is only 4 months away.
Me: What? Um focus. No wedding. SHOES!

Yup- this happened.

I love my mom... so much. I have been laughing at her lately because I sometimes want to yell GIVE ME ATTENTION! hah oh Lisa. She is funny. She has wedding stuff to do with Rebecca in Austin this weekend, so I get to see her! She says she is coming in town for my birthday, but I think we all know the real reason behind the road trip....

No comments:

Post a Comment