Monday, September 13, 2010

say it ain't so

They always say you turn out like your parents. You grow up saying it won't happen... you won't let it. I was one of those people. I was 110% sure I would not end up like my parents... God knows I love them, but CRAP! It happened.

1. Brad says I have irrational fears. I disagree, but I'm beginning to think he might have a point. (Don't tell him I said that.) I lock my door 3 times every time I walk in my house. At night, I lock my bedroom door. Brad calls that an irrational fear. I call it being safe. I sometimes have nightmares about snakes. Again- irrational fear vs. just something I'm afraid of. My mom called me twice yesterday. I didn't answer. She texted me. I didn't answer. She then texted me and said Please let me know if you are okay. I called- explained I didn't have my phone. She said, I thought you were dead. IRRATIONAL FEAR.

2. Dad and I are both experts at misplacing things... our keys, clothes, shoes... you name it- we misplace it. We have both tried everything to be less forgetful. I have tried to pay more attention, tired putting it in the same place; basically everything I can think of. NOPE. I still leave my keys in my door and don't realize it until the next morning. (Good thing I locked my door 3 times. Hey, scary man trying to get in my house- I left my key for you in the door. Hope it helps you break in.)

3. Mom gets crabby when she is super hungry. By crabby, I mean unpleasant to be around. She SAYS she has low blood sugar and just has to eat something. I think that just means hey, I'm starving. Give me food. Either way, I have noticed that over the past few years, I have become more and more like her. If I reach a certain point of hunger, I become SUPER unpleasant to be around.... grumpy times five. However, if you feed me, my mood quickly changes; as does my mom's. Call us the fat kids, call us whatever you like- but either way, we are alike.

Sadly, I could continue with my list of similarities, but I will leave you with those for now. I hope my friends and family like Lisa and Jeff, because I am quickly becoming more and more like them. Dear Mom/Dad, you know I love you, but please stop giving me your bad... I mean unique traits.

No comments:

Post a Comment