Thursday, September 2, 2010

Seriously Facebook??

Dear Facebook,
I love you, you know that, but you are on my hit list today... and yesterday.
Love,
Katelyn

I was playing on my phone the other day; just doing the usual Facebook stalking. NBD. Randomly, facebook decided (without asking me) to sync with my phone contacts. It's like facebook said, "Hey, what would make annoy the crap out of Katelyn today?"

It took me awhile to figure out what Facebook had done. I realized it at midnight, when my alarm went off, thus woke me up. It was informing me of some girl's birthday... a girl who I'm friends with on facebook... who I knew when I was 10...so, obviously, we are besties.

SERIOUSLY FACEBOOK?! I don't need a calendar reminder of every 'friend' birthday in my WORK CALENDAR! But, good news, it gets better... Not only do I have every birthday in my calendar with an alarm to go off at midnight (the start of their special day), but now, every phone contact has their facebook profile picture assigned to them in my phone. Whenever I text, email, call, WHATEVER- yes, their facebook profile picture appears. That's not annoying at all.

Then, facebook decided to kick me in the shins... If a 'friend' has their employer information/phone number/email on their profile, it is now in my phone as well. For example- my sister called... it did not show up as Allison... it showed up as Allison- Houston Texans...with her facebook profile picture. AWESOME JOB FACEBOOK! WAY TO TAKE OVER MY FREAKING PHONE!

Dear Facebook,
I hate fighting with you. I love the stalking opportunities you provide me. However, I do not need you to take over my phone. I don't care about the birthday of a facebook friend who I haven't seen in 10-15 years... please stop waking me up at midnight to inform me.
Katelyn

**PS. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know. I'll buy you a cookie and be your bestie**

No comments:

Post a Comment