Wednesday, October 20, 2010

old school

Nintendo 64- a thing of the past? Um, not so much. I am officially back in action with this gem of a game. Mario Kart is by far my favorite game, as I am sure it is for many people. I can't tell you how many hours Allison, Rebecca and I spent playing this game when we were growing up. After years of not playing it- I am back behind the wheel. I was a little rusty, and can't figure out how the 3 of us managed to play it for so many hours.

A few things I realized after playing a few rounds:
  • My fingers hurt from pressing the controller joystick a little too hard. (Because obviously the harder I push it over to one side, the more the car will turn... fail.)
  • I yelled at the players much more then I used to.
  • My eyes were super blurry from staring at the TV.
  • I am just as competitive as I was years ago.
  • I am still just as annoyed with Peach as I was back then.
  • I forgot about the random bombs that come into action when playing 1 vs. 1. Whoops.
I am thrilled to have it back in my life. Some might say that playing an old school computer game in your mid to late 20s is silly. I disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment