Wednesday, October 13, 2010

oreo delight

Let me introduce to you the Oreo Delight. It is delicious and delightfully bad for you. Unless you are making it for a party or an occasion that involves more then 4-6 people, I suggest cutting the recipe in half. It makes a ton!

25 crushed oreos
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 gal vanilla ice cream
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
6 oz. chocolate chips
8 oz. cool whip

Mix oreos and butter. Press in bottom of 9x13 inch pan. Soften ice cream and put on top of oreos. Freeze. Melt chips with condensed milk. Cool and pour over ice cream. Freeze. Top with cool whip. Freeze. Eat and ENJOY!

**The recipe calls for the Cool Whip to go on top. I, being the chef that I am, went a different way. I added another glorious layer of oreos and made the cool whip optional. Personally, I am not a huge fan of the whip. The Oreo Delight is already so sweet, and the cool whip adds a bit too much for my liking... but, thats just me.**

1 comment: