Friday, January 21, 2011

books

I love to read. There is nothing better than snuggling up in bed and reading a good book. I have recently finished two great series- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Hunger Games series. I HIGHLY recommend both of them.

At first, I wasn't interested in reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Based on what people were telling me, I didn't think I would like it. However, I became curious after hearing so many people talk about it. I LOVED IT. These 3 books kept me interested the entire time. I think I finished the series in about three weeks. I couldn't put them down! Stieg Larsson does a great job of giving intricate details on the characters, so you really get to know them.
The Hunger Games series was a random pick. I don't think this series was talked about as much as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. At least, if it was, I didn't hear about it. Other than a friend telling me she read it, I knew nothing about the series. After reading the first three chapters, I was hooked. I think I read the first book in 2 days.

Both series are well written. The authors do a great job of keeping you intrigued and wanting to read more. The Hunger Games series is a quick and easy read. You get to know the characters with past memories. I found myself rooting for a few of the characters. All in all, both trilogies are WONDERFUL, and I recommend them both. I can't wait for the movies to come out! Do yourself a favor and order both of them now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

1 comment:

  1. I loooved the Hunger Games Trilogy. We were supposed to read Bk.1 for our book club and most of us ended up reading all 3 before we could talk about the first! So addicting. I'll have to give the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo a try...I sampled the first one and couldn't get in to it. But I watched the movie and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete