Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mary Elizabeth Burtner

Let me present MARY ELIZABETH BURTNER. (click on her name) It's her 26th birthday today! WOOHOOO! When I started this blog last year, Mary (who helped me name it) joked and said I should blog about her on her birthday. What a great idea! :) Mary and I met the summer before our freshman year at Baylor. She and I went to Crooked Creek (a Young Life camp in Colorado) and she ended up living on the bunk above me. We lived on the same hall in good ole Ruth Collins, lived together 3 years of college and 8 months after college. We have celebrated many birthdays together. I think one of my favorites would have to be our junior year. We threw a party in our duplex and had all of our friends over. After we busted a move to the rockin party mix we made, we dominated the Scruffs karaoke night. I like to make a big deal about other people's birthdays. Last year, I posted her number on my status and told everyone to text her happy birthday. I also love to call her at work and yell into the phone, hoping her coworkers in the cube next to her will hear me. Ah, good times. Good memories.
Let me brag on this girl for a few minutes. Mary is a great friend. She will tell you the truth when you don't look good in an outfit. She will be there when you need someone to vent to. She will pray for you when you are having a bad day. She will watch FRIENDS with you all day on a Saturday. I can't say enough good things about my sweet friend...clearly she is just a solid person. I am very blessed to have such a terrific friend.

Dear Mary, I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I wish we lived in the same city so I could be there to help you celebrate. You are now officially old. :) I am very lucky to have you as my friend. LOVE YOU! -Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment