Friday, January 28, 2011

redecorating

I have been living in the same place since I moved to Austin- which was 3 years ago. As much as I love my little shoe box, I feel like I have grown out of it. I looked around at some other places, but didn't fall in love with any of them. I was disappointed at first, but after thinking about it, I have decided this is a good thing. I love the area I am in- I feel safe, it's a quiet neighborhood, I love the family I rent from- all good things. After much debate, I have decided to stay where I am for at least another 6 months, but I want to change it up a little. I am redecorating!! I am still not 100% certain about what I want to do, but I have been looking at different websites and blogs, trying to come up with fun ideas/creative ways to spice things up without breaking the bank. I created a fun little inspiration board type thing: 1) because I was bored 2) because it is fun and 3) why the heck not? Isn't it pretty?!
This weekend comes the fun part- shopping. There is a new home store in Austin that I am going to, along with some of the usual places. I want to find some new curtains, maybe a rug, fun art and new/creative ways to spice up the shoe box. I hope to find some fun items to put on my birthday list... which is just around the corner. Cross your fingers and wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment