Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baylor beats UT

Walking into the game on Saturday, I was not 100% confident we would win. I knew it was going to be a good game, but I wasn't sure if we could take it home. Don't get me wrong, I have faith in my bears, but let's be honest here, it's UT. They were going to come ready to play... especially after another failed attempt at winning a game. My goal of the game was for it to be a good one. I wanted our bears to play well, and play with confidence. If we won, it would be AMAZING! If we lost, at least it would be okay since we played well. However, WE DID IT! WE BEAT UT! Oh, what a glorious feeling!
Coming from a Baylor and UT family, I have always been a fan of both teams. Growing up, I went to a ton of UT games, since both my parents went there. However, every single person on my mom's side of the family went to Baylor... minus my parents. So much green and gold blood. It's awesome. We have Mimo (Pi Phi) and Gdad (played football and was the President of the Board of Regents), Lynn (Kappa) and Bill (KOT), Susie (Pi Phi) and Will (KOT), and the cousins... Bill, Kate, Allison, Davis, Will, Natalie and Emily. We have added 2 new members- Whitney and Leanne. All of us are proud Baylor Bears. With the win, came the family text messages, probably one of my favorite parts about the win. We have Lynn texting- Jesus can come back now. Bill texting- Unbelievable. We should call Gdad. I ran into Will and Sara as we were leaving- we ran towards each other, hugged, took a picture- it was magical. I love that Baylor brings the family closer together (sorry mom, dad and Rebok.)
In case anyone was questioning, I have photographic proof of the blessed event. Baylor beats UT- 30 to 22. It happened.
A few of Baylor's biggest fans. Seriously- these guys are legit. I was concerned about Brad's heart on a few of the calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment