Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini bread

I have been in the mood to bake. I think it has something to do with the weather. The cold weather makes me want to make my apartment smell yummy with delicious homemade goodies. I borrowed one of Brad's favorite recipes from him mom, and decided to give it a try. I think it turned out pretty good. Granted, I am very new to this whole baking thing. I spent maybe 45 minutes in the store trying to find all the right ingredients, and I bugged my mom at least 6 times. Obviously the finished product didn't turn out as good as hers, but, for my first time making it, I would give myself an A.

Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. canola oil
1 3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 1/2 c. flour
4 t. cocoa
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. cloves
1/4 t. salt
2 c. grated zucchini

Cream butter, oil and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and buttermilk and mix well. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture. Mix in grated zucchini. Put into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment